Friday, May 31, 2013

Passing Down the Passion

I remember when my great grandmother handed me a box from the Younkers Department Store in town.  I was about 15 years old.  I looked inside the box at the small scraps of fabric and started to hand it back.  She just smiled and said "Keep it.  Some day you'll make a quilt."  She was right.  About ten years later I started on my first quilt and have not stopped.  In the passing years I did use those scraps in a wall hanging.  Now I get to teach my 12 year old granddaughter Shannon and she is more than happy to learn.  This is a Dresden Plate block that she is making for her teacher.  This is learning the piecing and applique process on this block.  She is just doing one block and going to make it to sit under a plant that she will also give her.  Shannon hasn't decided if she likes my theory that the finger underneath the fabric is the "pricking finger." 


1 comment:

  1. Lucky Shannon...to have you passing along your quilting skills to her!

    Thanks for stopping by 'my front porch'.

    ReplyDelete