Wednesday, January 10, 2018

An Approaching Storm and a little Stitching

"Blow, blow, thou winter wind..."  What was Shakespeare thinking?  Word has it that a winter storm will be blowing in tonight sometime after midnight, with freezing rain, snow and wind.  The sky has already started to turn gray in anticipation of what's to come.  I have to say that I'm not looking forward to it at all.  I love the pretty soft falling snow and enormous flakes. But anything that involves ice is a different story.  


Above is a photo of one of our ice storms from a couple years back.  It was not a fun drive home from work!






















My cat has the right idea of how she will spend the rest of today and tomorrow while the winds are howling.






As for me, I am hoping to spend some quality time adding to my six inch blocks. Below are what I have so far for the Moda Blockheads block of the week.  It has been a fun journey.







This little guy below wasn't one of the original patterns but I found him and couldn't resist.  Isn't he just so cute?





As the storms roll in I hope you all have some fun stitching to do, the warmth of a fire, good conversation and a nice cup of tea.  






No comments:

Post a Comment