Friday, November 15, 2013

Stitching toward the Holidays

A sure sign the holidays are approaching is that my Christmas cactus is in full glorious bloom.  Below is one of them that I snapped last night while searching for a ruler in my sewing room.


My grandson has taken over my wonderful sun room/sewing room for his bedroom and I have been relegated to one corner of it.  So since I am in the middle of creating a pieced border for my quilt I have carried the machine and piles of fabric to the dining room table.  I have quite the mess but am loving the creative energy. 

Last night while searching for a certain scrap of fabric that was hidden amidst the piles of fabric in assorted colors, scissors, rulers and pattern books, it occurred to me that possibly with Thanksgiving approaching this wasn't the best time to be creating such a mess.




But maybe it's time for my sister to host Thanksgiving this year!   
Enjoy a weekend of fun and accomplishment, wherever you are in your creative process!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that cactus is zoning! I love your header; it looks like such a peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. That cactus has not failed to bloom in quite a few years. And it blooms are really long asting. Love it!

      Delete
  2. My red Christmas cactus is blooming . Yours is so pretty.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog with you advice about my disaster quilt.I washed the quilt 5 more times. Hope you are enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie. It was a great Thanksgiving and I hope yours was as well. Did the fabric bleeding ever come out?

      Delete