Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Football, Knitting and British TV

Yesterday was  a bright sunny morning here in central Iowa even though today a winter storm is ripping across the state. 

Sunday was a busy day starting with church with the family.  After lunch we finished some much needed house cleaning.  I don't know where all that dust comes from!  When we were finished  I sat down with a cup to tea to relax for a few minutes and was immediately struck with the way the sunlight filtered into the house, bouncing across the carpet  and sliding across the furniture.  I had to get up and take a picture.  



I finished knitting my shawl and got it blocked on Saturday.  I was pleased with the way it turned out and happy with my choice of color.  I wore it to church and got lots of compliments.  The picture below doesn't show the true colors, pale green, yellow, teal and eggshell.  I have already started on another one that is a very open weave design in a golden tan alpaca.  Very pretty.  The one downside of knitting that I don't like is the way the wool dries out my fingers as it glides across the tops of my hands.




Tomorrow I will get out my fabric and hopefully finish the last border on my quilt.  I have decided that I am going to hand quilt it in circles, using various size lids and bottles to draw my design.  I got that idea from Tim Latimer's blog.  Can't wait until I can put it together and start the quilting!

While we waited for the start of the Super Bowl pre-game, Polly stretched out in the afternoon light and took a nap. She was exhausted from all my housecleaning and the noise of the vacuum cleaner.  



I wasn't impressed with the game.  I am still holding a grudge that my 49ers didn't make it.  Hubby didn't even spend time hollering at the screen because the score was so ridiculous.  It would have been nice if Denver had put up more of a fight.  The commercials weren't all that entertaining either.  What a complainer I am! 

It was a relief to switch over to Downton Abbey at 8:00!  I love all the wonderful characters, but just adore the zingers that Maggie Smith throws out at Isobel!  Which reminds me......Larry was out shopping and brought me a gift,  


He's such a good guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment