Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Frankenstein, Quilt tops and the Possibility of Spring!

I have finally finished my latest quilt top.  My decision to piece the borders rather than using solid strips added a lot of time to the process.  I hadn't taken into account the math skills I would be using measuring each side to fit the way I wanted.  I am marking it in different size circles for an all over interlocking pattern.  You can't tell from this picture, but the narrow yellow inside border has circles in the print.  It will be hand quilted.

I think winter is finally saying it's goodbyes to Iowa.  The robins have already been back for at least two weeks, showing up right after our last big snowstorm.  I couldn't help but wonder what they were thinking to brave the cold when they could still be hanging out down south enjoying the milder temps. 

On Monday we enjoyed temps in the high 60's.  It was wonderful to open some windows and let the fresh air blow through.  I sat out on the back deck for a while to soak up some sunshine and let the magic of the birdsong fill my senses.

 








My grandson Michael is taking a course in British Lit.  He had to dress up like an old time judge for a mock court they were doing to put the character Frankenstein on trial.  Here is his costume.  All I can say is that he's a brave boy to walk the halls of his high school in this outfit.








I hope your week is going well, you're marking things off your to-do list and you're taking time to listen to the sounds of nature.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt top! So very cheerful! As a teacher I would have loved that costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Rose. It's quilted now and hanging on the wall.

      Delete