Friday, March 16, 2018

A Slow Week

This has been one of those weeks where nothing much has been accomplished.  Our house has been hit hard this winter with the awful bug going around.  I think I am on my third round of various symptoms so I haven't done much more than go in the sewing room and look around this week.  Nothing much has changed with the guitar quilt I am machine quilting for my grandson but at least I am working on the outside borders now.  There is another quilt that I've been hand quilting and is almost done.  I only have about six inches left on one of the borders before I can put on the binding.  And I realized that this is the first time in a long time that I only have one quilt waiting to be quilted.  Usually there are several in the works.  I made this house wall quilt last summer and put it away for a while to get some others finished.  I  think this one will be done on the machine.  I need to put it up on my design wall again for a while and let it speak to me and tell me how it wants to be quilted.

 I've been drinking lots of green tea to try to get healthy again.  I found this cute photo out on the web and since the cup is cuter than the one I'm using right at this minute I thought I'd post this one instead.

I've started knitting a cute little baby cap to give myself something different to do.  Seems like my shoulders are stiff from machine quilting and my elbow is stiff from hand quilting.  So let's see what this little project will do to me.  I'm not really such a whiner usually.


In the meantime while I go to fix another cup of tea Oscar sends his greetings and is wondering when the grass will be green again.

Have a lovely weekend.  Hope you have time for a little stitching.




No comments:

Post a Comment