Thursday, March 1, 2018

One Day Closer to Spring

This past weekend was windy and damp but a good one to stay inside and work on projects.  The machine quilting has begun on Liam's quilt.  I am slowly getting back into the groove.  When I first started it was like the machine had a life of it's own and would hum along at a wonderful pace and my stitches were lovely and uniform and then all of a sudden I'd be zooming along the patch like a participant in the Indy 500 creating tiny ridiculous stitches.  Then in the effort to regulate I'd have them too big for a while.  I made the decision to not rip anything out because when looked at the quilt as a whole it will look fine.  (Fingers crossed,)




I finished the shawl/poncho that I had started knitting the weekend before.  This is the second I have made from this pattern.  The first was oatmeal colored and a heavier weight.  I love it and wear it often.  This time I wanted something a little lighter weight.  I am pleased with the way it turned out.
Our grandson Michael (fourth from right in the back) has graduated from Navy Basic Engineering school.  By the smile you can tell that he is pleased with his decision to join the Navy.  We are so proud of him.
As if it knows spring is almost here, one of my amaryllis plants has produced its first bloom.  There are several more blooms to open on this plant.  My pink plant hasn't started to develop buds yet.  I am so ready for spring and to be outside filling my flower pots with new soil and baby plants.  Hope you all are having sunshine today and a wonderful project to fill your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment